Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter, 4 months, the Present!

It's been a while since I posted, but here's a quick update!

I (finally) signed up for the gym when the weather brightened up in May, and began running again! I love it! I feel more energetic and healthier! My running friend and I signed up for official 10Ks this upcoming weekend, and hopefully I'll be in good enough shape to do a half marathon at the end of May!

I recently picked up drawing again. Hm. I enjoy drawing, but the thing that kills me is that- it doesn't take me long to draw something. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to do a drawing, and I begin telling myself that it's not good (enough) simply because I didn't put enough time into it. Anyways, here's a drawing that I did just recently. I want to learn new ways of expressing myself, artistically. Any suggestions?

I purchased a ticket to go to Mongolia for May 4-10th! I'm not sure what I will be doing yet, but it's a solo trip, and I'm super excited for this adventure!!! It's going to be so much fun!!! :-)

I went to Gyeongju (north of Busan) to observe the cherry blossom in mid April--it was quite beautiful. The air was fresh, everything was within bike-able distance, and the parks had calm and peaceful auras about them. It's nice to see more of Korea.



Apparently, I made the mistake of not checking my mail for my gas bills (they tend to post anything money-related on my door), and umm...my bill for 3 months of Korea added up to over $400.00. Haha, lesson learned---do not turn your heat on at all times, and still check your mail!

This country's growing on me :-) My students are adorable, I've been very fortunate to have awesome, caring co-teachers, and I made friends with some really fantastic Koreans. I think I'm slowly learning to do some things right- better late than never, right?!! haha I love the communal showers, the sharing of everything, the food, easy internet access, and the fact that they love giving away food. Oh yeah--victory! haha OOH and the school lunches are pretty good also!!

4 months seems a bit surreal. There's so many things I want to do and see before I leave---such as a visit to the DMZ, Jeju Island, more of Seoul, and learn some Korean. (I know. I've been stubborn enough, haha)

Oooh! I'm learning how to bake and cook!! Here's something I did a couple of weeks back- a carrot cake, and it was delish! I love baking!! MM! I want to learn to make a cheesecake, a pie, and a chocolate molten cake in the next month!!



Aza Aza Fighting!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment